Visiting Hours

Mondays to Fridays
Saturdays
Sundays
10am to 1pm
By appointment
Closed
Milling demonstrations 10.30am - 11.30am M,W,F


The museum is open to the public after these hours by arrangement with management.

Admission Fees

School tours by arrangement
Self guided tours
Milling demonstration
R20 donation
R40 per person
R40 per person
French burr stones are not cut from one piece, but are built up from sections of quartz, cemented together with plaster, dressed with a pattern to assist with the grinding, and bound with iron bands. French Burr comes from the Marne Valley in northern France
A plan showing the original the watercourses and pipes to and on the Mariedahl Estate.
The original 'Josephine Mill' Flour brand.
The Cornish steam boiler discovered on the banks of the Liesbeek River covered in debris during the restoration. Affirming evidence indicating that Josephine’s was once a steam mill. Now on display at the Mill.
An etching of the Mill and Mill House circa 1888. Note the tall chimney; a feature added after Jacob Letterstedt's death
in 1863.